Skip to main content

how often you miss the bus?



The wound caused by the second degree burns last week on my calf and ankle is still burning....I feel the heat inside….the watch shows 8.25 a.m. its Friday 29, August 2008 I am back after my first shift..

Exactly @ this time the bus which picks me up every alternate Friday to Rochester Downtown is on the way from Xerox Building No.112. The watch with the thermostat shows 2 degree Celsius and the analog dial showing 8.28 am and 10:28:05 FR on the overlay. I could feel the chillness, with my calf muscles starting to cramp.

[It was all GREEN everywhere on Tuesday and suddenly it’s covered with snow. First time experience of snow fall .Believe me ne body would love it, what a wonderful experience. It wasn’t snowing now, but the heavy snowfall had laid a sheath of frozen ice which made it feel colder even…. I just stand on the pavement below the sign post…It was rather an early snow fall this year. This was the bad calendar year …Katrina, floods in Mumbai and Chennai. I guess the earth was feeling so hot and it needed some coolants sparing a displacement of millions of people from their normal life.]



I look @ my watch yups… its 8.28…I am thinking why hasn’t the bus come yet.. oh my man.. has the bus left early today? No not at all….then what might have happened…god damn if I had missed this bus...I need to wait for another hour …really….it’s too cold out there and I need to walk back another 2 Kms to my apartment.. it’s a pain in the neck….

[People seldom use public transport and they use their own cars to move around places , not to say cars , most of them are big SUVs with a mileage of 20 -30 miles per gallon. That’s too harsh on the atmosphere less mileage more damage to the air and now the blame on depleting the air falls on the third world countries. It’s Ridiculous, they started it all and now they owe it. They have already done the damage. Still not to put behind the amount of fossil burned residue which we (India) dump into atmosphere ,it’s nearly 40 % of which the US had taken to reach from 1900.]

Ok what do I do now in the middle of the harsh weather near the restaurant ...do nothing ..stare @ the restuarant ...its interesting to see the outer wall of the restuarant , it changes each day. Its Friday today and PINK is the color for the day (“inraya rasiyana niram ilam sivappu “..Sun TV Rasi palan comes to my mind). its a bad start for the day...The unlucky part is I don’t have a choice of going inside the restaurant either, reason being timings of the restaurant. Its open only from 6pm.

I wud be flying in a share auto if it was Ameerpet or Thiruvanmiyur depot..but it is Webster where there is nobody around u to board the bus and u r the lonely human being waiting there staring @ bare roads and the locked door of the restaurant. I just grudge myself on getting a little late, I should have walked bit faster…ok..cool.. no point in thinking back….decided to wait for another 45 more minutes..thers is no plan B ..i put on my creative ear plugs..sound chords ready for the voice of Shreya Ghosal number “Enakku piditha padaal athu unakku pidukkumae…”a wonderful song…let me wait….nine more songs and there you go.... to board the bus Route no 2 From Thurston to Main & Clinton.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

aegan ...mission continues...

தீபாவளிக்கு எந்த படம் release....ajith film..ok lets count on this.. ஏ gun வச்சிருக்கேன்....கிட்ட வந்தா சுட்டுருவேன்...[ajith style la..].. I expected this dialouge. :( for my disappointment its was not there... debut direction from raju sundaram....so decided to book a matinee in sangam cinemas thru internet...jus for 75 rs..[luckily we dinnot book in Mayajaal..it wud have been a heavy toll on our purses..U'll find why we were lucky....] after much hype..in box office...and media..the expectations are too high for the film not on par.. ஏகன்..மொத்ததுல ஒரு லொள்ளு சபா பார்த்த feeling... 'aegan mission continues' ....this is the end..of the film... we don't want this to happen again...pls director... இந்த மாதிரி mission எல்லாம் தமிழ் படத்துக்கு வேண்டாமே.. It was not like a first day film ....we had to cheer up most of the Ajith fans .. action packed comedy film..thats the feel before u see the film.....camera was sleeping all the time...I donno when the tamil cinema cr

Back to School..confessions..pages from the school memories rooted strong as the banyan

ஆலம் விழுதுகளாய் வேறூண்றி இருக்கும் பள்ளி நினைவுகளின் பதிப்புகளிலிருந்து ஒரு சில பக்கங்கள் ... In a way i am doing injustice to the English Teacher Nirmala Krishnaswamy(our x princi) by starting the blog in tamil[reason may be the effect of bunking the english classes:) ] at the  same time I am happy doing good justice to my tamil teacher Malarkodi.[ எல்லாருக்கும் எருமை தயிரு ஞாபகமிருக்கும்ன்னு நெனைக்குரேன். ] Anyways language is not a barrier for those wonderful journeys.! The transliteration of the starting lines... 'pages from the school memories rooted strong as the banyan' The banyan logo of the school perfectly suits the title of the post .Banyan represents eternal life because of its seemingly ever-expanding branches so as we are with lot of branches across the world by spreading the knowledge from those woods*. Lets board the time machine to take us back to the mid 80 s ,where most of the memories are still afresh . On the voyage there are l

My Formula is Cab

12.30 A.M., Parking Lot, Karapakkam Service Lane I woke up by a strong wind gushing thru my window and the fluttering sound of the trip sheets. I had just made a trip to perambur from karappakkam. I cud see a blurred image of the trip supervisor nearing my car. I wonder is it just fate or a passion for driving, for if it was passion I would have become Schumacher…[believe me I am not a fan or a follower of Schumacher. I hardly get time to even have a normal diet…just heard this name when one of the employee uttered this name. Out of curiosity, I was asking him who he was and what was special about him…] Then I told to myself , all the cab drivers are in a way F1 drivers...the Schumachers and Alonsos who drive their way to the chequered flag 18 times once in a year and during each race have pit stops compared to our drivers who also get lot of pits stops, rather all along the journey in the roads of C